Job Title: Officer ICT for Development (ICT4D)
- Senior Manager MEAL
- Technically, report to Regional ICT Advisor
Direct Reports: None
Job Location: Nairobi (Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Kenya at the time of application – National Position)
Contract Details: Fixed Term , One(1) Year Contract, renewable subject to availability of funds.
The incumbent will be responsible for introducing digital technologies and innovation in our programmes is one of key priorities and the Kenya country office The ICT4D Specialist will work very closely with the programmes team in Kenya to promote and explore innovative approaches, introduce ICT4D elements to deliver greater quality programmes and impact for beneficiaries. This will include, but not limited to, adapting existing innovation or technology products and services in programming; building partnerships and networking with innovation and technology partners to bring efficiency in programmes delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor digital innovation trends, policy and legal maturation, relevant funding opportunities and share with line manager.
- Develop a network of innovation and ICT4D collaborators within the country, including private sector, research institutions, innovation hubs and humanitarian & development partners for growth of digital initiatives in the country office.
- Ensure that ICT4D is incorporated in Concern Kenya’s programmes and is visible on all relevant internal platforms.
Programme Design and Implementation
- Identification of technological and innovative solutions for using in programmes to increase efficiency and impact as well as to overcome operational challenges
- Collaborate with technical leads and field teams to develop and design tools/solutions with high potential for impact and scale, in line with contextual needs and gaps
- Take all necessary steps to introduce relevant options in programme implementation
- Support in the programme design to use ICT4D component to increase efficiency and impact
- Lead in providing technical support to all pilot and scale up programs with a digital component whilst documenting the successes and lessons learnt.
- Ensure all necessary data safety and protection requirements are met as required by the organization policies and practices
- Collaborate with MEAL and other teams to improve organisational learning on ICT4D for programme interventions
- Work with Concern Worldwide ICT4D global teams to facilitate sharing of knowledge and learning, on internal digital platform, on how technology is being used in programmes
Staff capacity building
- Lead on staff capacity building on ICT4D as necessary for ICT4D solutions introduced
- Organise and facilitate workshops as needed, in order to implement agreed ICT4D solutions
- Provide ongoing support to staff as needed (targeted working sessions, coaching and problem-solving) on ICT4D solutions introduced
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field (e.g., ICT, ICT4D, data science or engineering in relevant field)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the humanitarian/ development sector relating to innovations, technology and digital services.
- Experience of introducing ICT solutions in the implementation humanitarian or development programmes at field level
- High English language skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles and manage competing priorities
- Excellent business partnering, communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex solutions in diverse thematic areas.
- Experience in designing business processes would be an advantage.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and attend details
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
This position will demand a highly innovative, motivated, and energetic individual who will be able to solve challenges, communicate effectively and bring others along.
- Individual leadership
- Communicating and working with others
- Delivering results
- Creativity and innovation
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a consultancy opportunity with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their consultancy contract. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to do consultancy work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, being hired as a consultant with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “Officer ICT for Development (ICT4D) ’’ on or before Thursday, 23rd February 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of recruitment process (for application, written test, interview, training, medical examination etc.) nor act through recruitment agents. This is applicable for all opportunities including staff and interns.