Scope of Work
The Incumben will contribute to the implementation of the iKNOW Politics 2023 Annual Work Plan through:
Website content management
- Maintain and populate the news section of the platform with daily updates.
- Expand the knowledge library with new resources on women’s political participation.
- Develop the elections section/timeline with country election information and content on women in elections.
- Identify relevant events and trainings on women’s political participation and promote them to the iKNOW Politics network.
- Translate website content (interviews, texts, articles) from English to Spanish and French.
- Perform regular quality control on language versions of the website (bugs, incorrect links, quality of pictures, search functions, content organization, etc).
Strengthening and expanding the iKNOW Politics Network
- Manage the network, facilitate communication between users and encourage contributions from experts, partners, and collaborators in relevant language platforms.
- Expand the network by reaching out to politicians, international organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, women organizations, youth, indigenous peoples, and minority communities.
- Design, disseminate and moderate online discussions and mobilize users to contribute.
- Manage the process of collecting and disseminating lessons learned on women’s political participation from the discussions generated on the iKNOW Politics portal.
- Filter and respond to messages, contributions, and queries to determine the most relevant information and resources to be shared with the network.
- Respond to users’ requests through active solicitation of expert feedback.
Supporting the development of knowledge products
- Conduct research and contribute to online discussion reports and summaries.
- Conduct interviews and produce videos to showcase good practices on women’s political participation.
- Support the production and dissemination of iKNOW Politics newsletters.
- Organize, manage, and promote thematic webinars and social media Live events.
Applying innovative communication approaches via social media platforms
- Maintain and feed the iKNOW Politics social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram with daily content.
- Identify relevant online campaigns and collaborate with partners to promote iKNOW Politics.
- Monitor and report on social key performance indicators such as reach and engagement.
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station
The assignment will be based at an International IDEA Duty Station and is fixed term until 31 December 2023. The position is to start immediately, and will be full time, working for 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week.
Deliverables and Reporting Requirements
- The website is updated daily with news and resources in English, French, and Spanish
- The social media pages are updated daily with content in English, French, and Spanish
- Provide support in designing and disseminating newsletters
- Provide support to videos and interviews production
- Submit weekly updates to the Project Coordinator
- Provide updates to weekly team meetings
- Provide input for the Monthly Digest
Management and Organisation
- The incumbent will work under the overall direction of the iKNOW Politics Steering Committee, with the regular reporting to the iKNOW Politics Project Coordinator and the Senior Advisor for Democracy and Inclusion of International IDEA or her designated representative.
- A laptop and all software programmes needed for the assignment will be provided to the incumbent. These will be returned to International IDEA when the contract is terminated and will not be extended.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in journalism, communications, gender studies, political science, international relations, or related fields.
- A first level of university in combination with at least two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communications, journalism, international relations, or related area, preferably in the development field.
- Knowledge of the recent advocacy trends in the advancement of women in politics.
- Experience in women’s participation, representation, and leadership is an advantage.
- Experience working in an international context is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Spanish, and French is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.