DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organisation registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organisation founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure that youth are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 9 counties: Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Bungoma, Kisumu, Migori, and West Pokot.
DSW seeks to recruit a National Team Coordinator Programmes and Advocacy
Place of Work: Mombasa.
Reporting to: National Department Manager-Programmes and Projects.
The National Team Coordinator Programmes and Advocacy is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, oversight and implementation of an array of projects, with the goal that all programmes deliver the desirable outcome to DSW Kenya. She or He ensures successful implementation of projects by managing, coordinating and overseeing delivery teams and reporting as well as carrying out important operational duties.
She or He must be an excellent leader, with experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner, and to deploy efficient strategies and tactics.
- In close collaboration with the National Department Manager Programmes and Projects, lead in the provision of Technical Assistance for implementing teams and support capacity development initiatives and training of youth and implementing partners.
- Oversee overall management of project annual work-plans and budgets; support the preparation and submission of timely and quality reports and ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Support programme staff in forging and strengthening strategic networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks within the programme areas and link advocacy efforts with national policy agendas.
- Ensure programme quality by undertaking periodic visits to project areas to backstop challenges, participate in periodic project reviews and reflections and ensure project implementation is on course.
- In collaboration with the National Team Coordinator, Research and Evaluation, support evidence generation and documentation of good practises for lesson learning and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain positive relationships between DSW Kenya and it’s donors, in collaboration with the National Department Manager programmes & projects and National Team Coordinator for Business Development.
- Represent DSW in stakeholder forums in the region and in the counties of project implementation.
- Collaboration closely with relevant support departments to ensure seamless processes such as procurement, reimbursements.
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
- Responsible for project team management and human resource coordination in collaboration with the National Department Manager.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Social Sciences.
- Relevant training in Project Management, participatory methodologies and related fields an added advantage.
- Good understanding of adolescent and youth development, gender equality and women empowerment and Sexuality and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) programming.
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have prior working experience of not less than 5 years in a similar position preferably in an NGO setting.
- Hands on project management experience and reporting for international donors.
- Excellent skills in capacity building of adolescents, youth and women in low resource settings, oral and written communication, as well as networking, collaboration and partnerships maintenance.
- Proficiency in computer use, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and internet-based platforms
- Ability to inspire team members, and also to work independently.
- Ability to work with and understand the youth while maintaining professionalism
- High level of personal integrity
How to apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating the expected salary with the reference “National Team Coordinator Programmes and Advocacy” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: April 7, 2023
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.