Key performance areas and main responsibilities
To support in tracking program quality in line with SOS Children’s Villages policies, procedures and guidelines
Plan for results.
- Participate in location planning process by linking plans to location results frameworks and concept note.
- Provide support to locations with input to develop M&E elements of the concept notes and results frameworks
- Contextualize and document location Results Based Management System.
Monitor for results
- On regular basis, monitor program implementation progress against the location action plan (Activity Schedule).
- Provide leadership and support for report development in compliance to organizational and institutional partners reporting requirements.
- On a monthly basis, review data from the program database, analyse and make performance presentation based on Federation key standard performance indicators.
- Support Program Database (PDB2) users troubleshoot PDB2 challenges as reported as well as provide capacity building of the users on the system.
- Conduct quarterly data quality audits and reporting as well as build capacity of location teams on data management and quality.
- Operationalise the location Monitoring plan as envisioned in the results framework.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection using appropriate federation and MA tools and systems.
- Support the program Director in developing the SOS Children’s Villages Care Promise self-assessment report.
Evaluate for results
- Identify opportunities for operations research during monitoring and evaluation of various projects at the location.
- In liaison with the M&E Coordinator and the M&E Officer National Office conduct needs assessments for the location
- Coordinate baseline, midterm and end term evaluations for all IPD projects in the location in line with the national evaluation framework.
Use of results
- Establish and maintain the location’s Lesson learned log
- Conduct quarterly program reviews to assess progress against key RBM documents such as activity schedule, results framework, M&E plan and progress reports.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practice sharing
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making through regular synthesis and analysis of thematic reports based on monitoring data
- Provide support to SOS CV Kenya’s advocacy agenda in all programmes, initiatives and activities
Performs other tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Project Planning & Management / Development Studies or related disciplines.
- Prior experience with performance monitoring and evaluation for development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis.
- At least 3 years progressive experience in the development and implementation of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation policies & processes in a multi sector programme environment.
- Previous experience in child focused organizations is an added advantage.
- Skills and experience with numerical methods, database management and MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team playerStrong report writing skills.
- At all times, avoid actions or behaviour that could be construed as poor or potentially abusive practice.
- Whatever decisions and actions taken should be with the best interest of the child in mind.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 6th April 2023