POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECTED TO FEASIBILITIES
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
In OCBA we believe that learning is a fundamental pillar of the development of our staff and a key point to improve the impact of our operations. According to the Strategic Orientations 2020-2023 to give continuity to improve operations, to invest in learning and to collaborate with other has been reinforced with a strong willingness to be closer to the frontline workers and to deliver support (including training) closer to the operational context. With this we aim to expand the impact of our training, reaching more people, increasing the access and diversity of the participants and adapting the F2F trainings to the specificities of the trainees and the context.
During 2023, the Medical department will to promote the development and continuous improvement of the update and implementation of the medical learning solutions. Additionally, we would like to continue supporting the learning process of the medical clinical staff at field level by supporting the field with a systematic assessment to identify medical learning needs and developing different practical learning solutions and programs; training packages, e-learning solutions, and following learning paths. These solutions will be developed in collaboration with the Learning Unit and other internal and external resources.
The main objective of this position is to support the Medical Learning Referent, ensuring the correct development and implementation of the medical learning solutions. However, the final responsibility and accountable will be the Medical Learning referent and the Digital Learning Manager from LU. In this sense, we want to focus in two different activities, complementary between them, and that will make possible to be closer to the field:
- 45% of the time to support the general development of the solutions planned for this year (It includes “General content, updating courses according to new protocols, translations and proof readings when necessary”), providing follow up of the different process till the closure of the learning solutions.
- 40% of the time to coordinate, facilitate trainings remotely or at field level, (ex. FC-PMR course, Hospital Management training, SRH blended training, etc).
- 15% to provide support following other resources like PMR-MedCo learning paths, PMR resource, Medical community of practice.
This position will be functionally under Digital Learning Manager from LU and hierarchically accountable to the Medical Learning Referent. This person will work in coordination with the learning officers of the learning unit and TEMBO, to ensure the development of the different specific projects.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
1. Learning solutions to update and develop training packages
- Daily management of the learning solutions.
- Analyse the context and the potential users with the Technical referent.
- Determine with the Technical and medical learning referents, the general log frame of the new resources to be develop, then to share and in coordination and collaboration with Digital learning Manager and Med. Learning referent define objectives and possible content to be included.
- Develop content of technical areas; that are not her/his expertise, provides advice and support on the development of the general possible options logframe, give feedback and follow-up of the development of the project in close coordination and collaboration with the learning officer assigned
- Ensure the learning solutions are adapted to the context and future users.
- Ensure the content and updates are according last guidelines/protocols validated.
- Coordinate with Medical learning referent and Digital learning Manager the validation process.
- Support as proof reader when needed.
2. Coordination and facilitation of trainings
- In close coordination and collaboration with Learning Administration Services from LU, oversees in the deployment of medical learning actions, whether f2f or online methodology.
- Participates in the implementation of training activities and oversees appropriate conduction of training sessions (online and face-to-face) promoting adequate team dynamics and learning environment.
- Produces a final report incorporating final evaluation and recommendations for the future.
3. Follow learning resources (PMR resource/Learning path, community medical practice)
- To identify and support the development of new technical areas to be include in PMR resource (in coordination and validation of Technical referents and the Medical Learning referent).
- Ensure that the content is adapted and aligned with other existing or future learning solutions for PMR-Medco position.
- Determine and ensure Content Quality Control measures (following updated guidelines).
- Maintain content updated (both resources).
- Be part of the creation of the medical community of practice.
- Medical knowledge with at least 5 years of field experience in different contexts.
- Relevant experience carrying out learning projects/activities carrying similar tasks described above.
- Languages: English, French (required), Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese are a plus.
- Motivation for working in humanitarian sector.
- Flexible working hours during training programs implementation.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi) with travel during F2F trainings (3 times per year, approx. 9 days). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Possibility to work from home (max. 60% of time).
- Full-time job.
- Contract duration: 1 year.
- Annual Gross Salary: level HQ-3A – 34 178.19€ (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: ASAP.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter:
Closing date: March 19th, 2023, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.