The primary function of this post is the delivery and development of cutting edge learning, teaching and scholarship at the Riara University School of Business. Under the supervision of the Dean, the Lecturer will be in charge of the Finance, Accounting and Economics programs. We seek an individual with online teaching and/or blended learning experience to foster and develop successful collaboration within and outside the University in order to efficiently respond to the demands of the School and University at large.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaching is central to the role of Academic Staff:
The post holder is expected to:
- Oversee the growth of the programs and continuing education (evening and weekend learning streams) related to School of Business and more specifically in her/his area of specialization;
- Assist the Dean of Faculty in developing demand driven course materials and supervision of teaching and assessment across all levels and programs;
- Work closely with the dean, and team members to develop and enhance delivery of curriculum through blended learning (face-to-face and online learning platforms);
- Carry the teaching load which reflects workload equity across all staff and be involved in at least some of the large classes and in teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Deliver instructor led sessions, monitor student progress during training, provide support and advice to enable the students to gain competence in the units taught;
- Assist the School in identifying, developing and rolling out marketing strategies and activities for the studies and continuing education;
- Actively monitor and respond to the department’s curriculum development initiatives at international, regional and local levels.
Research and scholarship:
The position holder will be expected to:
- Harness his/her own capacity and that of other staff members for conducting research aimed at producing cutting edge publications in peer reviewed journals, book chapters and books;
- Forge partnership with universities and other relevant stakeholders to design, and deliver on regional and global scholarly conferences;
- Provide guidance and assistance to students and subordinate staff in developing their capacity for teaching and research;
- Assist in identifying research and scholarship opportunities and actively
- participate in development of proposals, and funding concept notes;
- Develop partnerships for securing social and monetary resources to conduct research in his/her field of specialization;
- Guide and supervise both undergraduate and post-graduate students in project papers and research;
- Foster the culture of research within the school and explore useful networks inside and outside the university.
- The post hold will be expected to:
- Contribute to mentorship and supervision
- Identify opportunities for students to participate, including students’ led workshops, seminars and competitions;
- Assist in organizing and guiding students to participate in community service, and similar platforms that enhance student’s life-long learning and professional development;
- Contribute to the University’s vision by forging close working relationships with colleagues and staff at large.
- Be a holder of a PhD in Finance/Accounting/Economics or related subjects or as appropriate to the discipline.
- Be a holder of CPA (K) or ACCA
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ICPAK or any other
- A Holder of Masters Business Administration or its equivalent in Finance/ Accounting /Economic Degree in either of the above fields of study will have more than ten years teaching/research experience with proven evidence of continuing doctoral studies.
- Should be able to meet the requirements for the position of a Lecturer.
- Should be a creative and innovative team player.
- A confident individual with proven ability to develop and manage public and private sector linkages and partnerships.
- Expert knowledge in their field as well as relevant experience and the ability to teach, using a variety of student-based learning approaches, on a range of academic and professional programs.
- Ability to plan and organize public lectures, workshops, and conferences.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented person with excellent writing and editorial skills as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above expectations are invited to send their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Vice Chancellor by 31st March 2023.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; email@example.com, with the job position as the Email title