Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The position of lead – component repair and overhaul will lead the workshop teams by planning, controlling and tracking the Aircraft components maintenance performance to deliver quality, safe, and cost effective. To develop policies, procedures and tactical objectives in order to ensure achievement of strategic objectives whilst complying with all regulatory authorities’ requirements. Grade – H12
PLANNING AND CONTROL.
- Implement business unit strategies to improve on efficiency on existing maintenance capability and create new capabilities for the workshops in order to save on costs on outsourced maintenance.
- Plan, budget and control expenditure within his area of control in order to maintain the business profitability.
- Set up of maintenance and procedures in the workshops meeting Kenya Airways and KCAA the requirements.
- Plan and ensure that sufficient resources are available and controlled in the workshop to ensure timely completion of aircraft components, avionics, aircraft structure, cargo and cabin equipment, plant and equipment repair /overhaul to maintain KQ quality standards.
- Ensure 95 % of the Aircraft components coming into the shop are released within stipulated industry TAT.
- Ensure 100% availability of the tools and equipment.
- Set up of maintenance and procedures in the workshops meeting Kenya Airways and KCAA the requirements. He/she ensures compliance with the workshop plans.
- Ensure that the applied resources comply with the regulatory requirements in order to maintain high safety and airworthiness standards.
- Ensures that Airframe workshops component records are maintained and controlled while the components are in the shop in order to maintain components traceability.
- Timely development of manpower resource and the state of the art facilities and equipment in the workshop in order to maintain and improve on workshops turnaround times.
- Close Quality Audit findings within the stipulated time frames
QUALITY, SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
- Implement systems and procedures in order to enhance the industrial safety environment in the workshops.
- Ensures overall security of aircraft components and equipment as per engineering security document.
- Document and Report all safety incidences to feed the Technical department Dashboard
- Ensure that engineers and technicians complete the relevant documentation correctly
- Must ensure that work are executed in a quality manner and within stipulated timeframes
- Coach , mentor and guide the team to understand the expected deliverables and measures
- Discuss the team performance against the set target on a daily basis
- Coach and identify team members development needs
- Evaluate the benefit of all trainings attended in conjunction with the Head