The USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) 2 project in Kenya, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting applications for a Governance Specialist. This position will be based in the main office in Nairobi.
The Governance Specialist is responsible for country-specific governance activities under the general guidance of TT’s overall corporate policies and the firm’s standard operating procedures (SOPs). The Kenya Governance Specialist reports to the WASH-FIN 2 Kenya Team Leader, who conducts his/her annual performance review. The Kenya Governance Specialist works in direct coordination with WASH-FIN 2 Global project technical and operations staff. The Governance Specialist is a full-time position with an expected duration through October 2027.
* Lead the undertaking of the enabling environment work, including the preparation of an enabling environment assessment for the WASH sector in Kenya.
* Lead WASH-FIN 2 activities in supporting National Government Ministry of Water Sanitation and Irrigation and the Council of Governors to identify and roll out an effective operationalization of the Water Sector Intergovernmental Collaboration Framework.
* Lead WASH-FIN 2 activities in supporting National Government Ministry of Water Sanitation and Irrigation in defining and rolling out a framework for effective engagement of the private sector in enhancement and management of non-sewered sanitation services.
* Work with Global WASH-FIN Governance Specialist in coordinating implementation of key studies.
* Work with Global knowledge management lead Advisor and Global Governance specialist to develop content and advance learnings on governance based on the WASH-FIN 2 activity experience.
* Coordinate preparation and organize learning and dialogue forums and meetings among key stakeholder groups in the sector.
* University degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, finance or any other similar degree.
* Master’s degree in Public Policy and Administration, Economics, Governance any other similar post graduate degree.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience required.
* At least five years’ experience working in a dynamic environment in national policy formulation and or regulation in the water sector.
* Excellent knowledge of the legal and institutional framework and in-depth understanding of the Water Sector in Kenya.
* Knowledge supporting the management of USAID-funded or Development funded projects highly preferred.
* Proven research and technical writing skills required.
* Excellent command of English language is required.
* Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/GovernanceSpecialist
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. The application deadline is Friday, April 28, 2023**.**
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.