About the Job
ICT Specialist manages and organizes all ICT systems and offers ICT related services, supports the ICT Coordinator in design and installation of ICT infrastructure. S/he frequently visits other ICRC sites across Somalia for technical support and projects roll out.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent work-related visits to Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently installs, maintains, repairs and monitors ICT equipment in line with ICRC standards
- Oversees and monitors the set up of ICT Infrastructure in Somalia for all ICRC offices
- As a part of global support services handles customer/staff queries and escalates as per the ICT policy
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly, carries out regular physical checks and maintains adequate stocks levels in the field offices
- Monitors and ensures that existing ICT infrastructure is functional
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Interacts with suppliers and service providers and ensures adherence to ICRC logistics and ICT procedures in all transactions
- Conducts end-user briefings and trainings centering on the ICRC ICT systems
- Develops and updates the technical documentation for all ICT equipment
- Allocates tasks amongst the field ICT team members and supervises them remotely
- Monitors teams’ performance and is involved in capacity building
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Electronics or Computer Science
- 5 years’ troubleshooting experience in; ICT service catalogue; workplace services, telecommunications, IT and help desk
- Windows Server Technology, Security Gateway and Fire wall Certification
- Experience in LAN and WAN configuration
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Wireless and VSat technologies
- Experience in Project management and report writing
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a very busy environment
- Good command of English and Somali language
- Good knowledge of the social, economic, and political affairs of the assigned region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 6th February 2023. Clearly indicate the position title ICT Specialist Nairobi in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job application, click on this link to fill the application form: ICT Specialist Nairobi
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.