Founded in 1976, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a global, Christian-based nonprofit housing organization. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Our vision is A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions.
Habitat for Humanity Africa Area Office is currently seeking to recruit a Human Resources Intern. The intern will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Working time: approximately 40hrs per week (flexible)
Duration: 6 months
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, the HR Intern will support and assist the HR department in the day-to-day HR related issues at the Africa Area office and ongoing HR projects such as the Skills and Competency Assessments.
- Support the recruitment process including consolidating applications, interview invitations and coordinating the interview and selection process.
- Support orientation and onboarding processes for new staff
- Update staff records and files including leave, timesheets, generate regular HR data and reports such as leave utilization, Job plans, etc.
- Monitor expiry of staff contracts, end of probation and advise the HR Specialist and Line managers/supervisors on time.
- Support Employee wellness programs.
- Assist with any administration needs of the department
- Support on AFR Capacity development projects
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with specialization in Human Resources
- Minimum one-year work experience within a fast-paced HR environment with familiarity of human resources procedures and practices
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate and experience using MS packages including MS Outlook and Teams.
- Possess a Certificate of good conduct.
What we offer
- Paid Internship – HFHI will pay an internship stipend monthly.
- An opportunity to work in a multicultural environment even if virtually
- Opportunity to grow, learn and develop your skills while working a part of a HR Shared services and Global People Team.
How to apply
Candidates should send their CVs (preferred not more than 2 pages) and a cover letter
(Maximum 1 page) expressing their interest via email: email@example.com
with HR Intern as the subject of the email.