Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART), is a non-governmental organization based in Nairobi and dedicated to fighting human trafficking in Eastern Africa. HAART works through a multi-disciplinary approach applying the UN Four P’s Strategy to combat trafficking in persons: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Policy and Partnership. HAART is one of the key counter-trafficking organizations in Kenya addressing the issue of human trafficking by supporting the people most affected by it and also developing best practices in the movement.
We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced person (a resident in Kenya) to fill the position of a HR, Administration and Finance Manager. Reporting to the CEO and being a member of a Senior Management Team (SMT), the successful candidate will be responsible for all Human Resource and Administrative functions within the organization. The position holder will also lead the Finance department. S(he) will provide leadership to a team of professionals, support staff and ensure the highest level of performance.
Contract Duration: 12 months subject to renewal
Position: Full time
Starting time: Immediately
Working Hours: 45 hours in a week
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd March 2023 EAT
Salary: 100,000 to 140,000 KES gross per month
The HR Administration and Finance Manager will be reporting to the CEO.
- People Manager of the organization. Develop, review and implement all HR management tools through the employee lifecycle from recruitment to offboarding.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives including regular surveys.
- Plan and coordinate recruitment processes.
- Ensure proper onboarding of all staff in the organization.
- Develop training schedules and ensure capacity building across the organization. opportunities for internal external capacity building. appraisals
- Manage HAART staff leave records and ensure that leave requests are submitted and filed.
- Ensure proper management of payroll and administration of staff benefits and allowances.
- Ensure all staff statutory deductions are submitted promptly.
- Manage, with the SMT support disciplinary and grievances handling process.
- Administer the performance system for HAART.
- Ensure proper records management including management of staff files.
- Manage all related HR communications especially the HR email account.
- Review and enhance internal HR manuals and policies.
- Ensure safety and security requirements as per Kenyan law and HAART policies are implemented.
- Ensure compliance to the Kenyan Labor Law.
- Supervise proper management of organizational assets and office maintenance.
- In charge of / supervise all administrative aspects of the organization.
- Ensure travel management is being processed in alignment with procurement.
- Supervise proper stock keeping management.
Financial reporting and budgeting
- Oversight of the overall process of financial transactions
- Coordinate, monitor and review regular internal organizational budget development and expenditures as well as external donor budgets In line with policies and guidelines.
- Ensure timely provision of accurate monthly financial reports, both internally for the management as well as externally for the donors requirements.
- Supervise the financial team in making payments, bank reconciliation process and petty cash management.
- Implement the recommendations from internal and external auditors.
- Ensure strict adherence to HAART procurement guidelines.
Being member of SMT
- Supervise and lead the Finance Team
- Participate in SMT’s meetings, deliberations and decision making
- Represent the organization on different forums
Essential criteria & qualification:
- University degree in HR, or related field.
- Be a member of IHRM/ pursuing CHRP-K
- At least 3 years’ experience with similar responsibilities.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (both oral and written).
- Strong computer skills and experience working with accounting software.
- Experience liaising with a range of stakeholders regarding financial and administrative issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, meticulous, responsible and well organized.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to financial accountability and transparency.
- Finance knowledge (for example CPA (2) or equivalent) is an added advantage.
- Experience working with a non-governmental sector will be an advantage.
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
At HAART we value diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and salary expectations to email@example.com using “HR Finance and Administration Manager” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed, and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/opportunities/ for an updated version of the application.
No Fee Charged
HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).