Objective of the Position:
Develop and lead advocacy strategies and campaigns, and expand partnerships to improve access to quality, affordable care and justice for patients,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders and representing MSF in selected forums
- Leading the elaboration of the advocacy strategy and plan of the mission and overseeing the implementation of the advocacy strategy and plan
- Undertaking actor mapping and stakeholders’ analysis on behalf of projects and mission,
- Planning, managing and evaluating advocacy campaigns in order to raise support for access to healthcare, health commodities, access to justice, programming and partnerships
- Preparing advocacy briefs and products that effectively convey the desired position and message to targeted audience(s),
- Supporting and mentoring advocacy skills across the organization and with communities and patients. Championing patient-led advocacy
- Building an ecosystem of partners that contribute to a more holistic approach to patient care and complement existing MSF activities
Essential: University degree (anthropology/social/political sciences, law, gender studies, protection, communications)
Knowledge & Experience
Mandatory: Previous working experience of at least three years in humanitarian affairs, research, analysis or advocacy.
Essential: Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs.
Strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country
Good understanding of current humanitarian debates and of the dilemma/compromise nature of modern humanitarian interventions
Experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health, chronic diseases (HIV, TB, NCDs), global health an asset
Campaigning organizational experience an asset
Willing to champion a stigmatized issue
Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Excellent analytical skills, at ease with figures and data
Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate). Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Head of Mission Support”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF and will be treated confidentially. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data only for the recruitment process tohave all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate.