Purpose of the role
The Greenhouse Technician will supervise and manage all the projects of the company by managing the technicians on various jobs, or installation of the same. They shall be involved in client management up to completion stages of the projects at hand. They shall be present at all installations to work on or supervise ongoing construction and ensure good quality construction outcomes at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construction of Metallic Greenhouses, Nethouses and any Customized Metallic Structures
- Conducting Pre-site Surveys before construction of the above units, collecting soil and water samples upon request from the contractor
- Supplying the Contractor with a Bill of Quantities on request and fabrication according to the recommended standards
- Bed formation in the respective structure and laying of drip lines for the above structures
- Consult with the Technology Development department in case of any changes and variations in the design of the structures
- Supervises and performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Synnefa smart greenhouses in accordance with Synnefa’s statutory requirements, policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collaborates with Technology Development team members and Sales Team to discuss upcoming work assignments; and carries out assignments based on his own skills and experience.
- Managing Greenhouse construction project progress and adapt to work as required
- Manage the installation roster and ensure adequate skill and resources are available to cover all elements of greenhouses service and maintenance assigned within company timeframes
- Collaborate with your team leader or stakeholders to determine effective solutions through clear communication
- Create a harmonious working relationship with Synnefa’s clients through effective service delivery
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout various installation projects by maintaining quality standards guidelines and design standards.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience as a technician
- Knowledge of irrigation and greenhouse operations and management.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and perform basic repairs to greenhouse machinery and equipment.
- Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Confidence and willingness to challenge and improve current processes, enthusiasm for innovation and diligence
- Strong organizational skills , effectively cope with change, handle risk and uncertainty