Impact Water is a global social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water to schools. The company delivers reliable, low-cost water treatment technologies to public and private schools in Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda and finances its operation through carbon emission reductions resulting from the displacement of boiling water. To date, over 30,000 schools and 12m+ students have been reached. Over time, the company aims to expand its model to reach 100,000+ schools, using blended finance (equity, debt and grants) in support of the human right to safe drinking water and the SDGs.
As Global Operations Director, you will:
- Lead the tactics to expand our services to all public schools in Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda by the end of 2025; including:
- how we approach getting data on schools without Impact Water systems
- how we determine which systems they need
- how we fit new installations into operations schedules
- how we build Ops teams to manage new installations
- Work closely with global leadership to plan Impact Wate 2030 global scale-up (standardization of our business and processes to enable the efficient replication of our model to 10-15 countries, reaching 100m+ student beneficiaries).
- Work closely with Operations department to build a network of well trained and motivated agents, including testing and rolling out full time agents and equipping agents with motorcycles
- Study product issues and design solutions to fix issues; research and pilot new products
- Reshape and improve our data model and systems to meet evolving needs of the company
- Spearhead the design, testing and rollout of new MIS tools and technologies
- Serve as member of global leadership team, participate in all its activities
As Global Operations Director, you will report to the Regional Director and have a full and direct mandate to drive the work forward. You will coordinate closely with the CDs, Operations Directors and other senior country-level managers.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning. You’ll have weekly check-ins with the Regional Director and regular feedback on your performance. The Regional Director was the former Field Ops Director, so you will be working with someone that speaks the same language. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and make rewarding contributions.
Reporting and Relationships
This position will report to the Regional Director and will have substantial interaction with the global and country-level leadership teams. The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with multiple staff at a variety of levels will be important to the success of this role.
Location and Travel Requirements
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. International, regional and domestic travel will be expected, up to 8+ weeks, including regular trips to the Nigeria office in Lagos.
Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to think and work at scale
- 5+ years’ experience supervising field work in challenging environments
- Experience in the social enterprise sector in Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and Taroworks is preferred
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, active listening, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent intellectual credentials combined with strong emotional intelligence skills
- English proficiency with 100% fluency; additional language skills are welcomed
- High levels of integrity
How to apply
Kindly apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com and by mentioning the position title in the email subject.
We will be moving on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.