This position is primarily responsible for the receipt, distribution and maintaining accurate records of office supplies.
- Receives equipment and supplies destined for the store and cross checks purchase orders and delivery notes to ensure that the correct items, quantities and quality have been supplied to RSC Africa.
- Maintains accurate records of the movement of office supplies and equipment to and from the stores.
- Receives requisitions from staff for stationery among other supplies and ensures timely distribution every Wednesday or as required
- Issues supplies for each new employee and recovers the supplies when staff members leave RSC Africa.
- Maintains ample stock levels in the stores by presenting timely purchase requests for supplies that are at re-order levels through liaising with the Property Supervisor or the Procurement Officer.
- Ensures that stocktaking is carried out on quarterly basis with the Senior Accountant.
- Ensures that the supplies in the store are arranged and labeled properly to ensure easy retrieval of items and to facilitate stocktaking.
- Ensures that a weekly stock report is run, updated and shared with the Property supervisor every Wednesday for stock level tracking purposes.
- Ensures that the store is clean, properly arranged and stock in the store is properly secured.
- Monitoring the usable life span of expiring stock and inform the property supervisor of the condition of these stock items.
- Determining the appropriate and efficient methods of storing various supplies in the store.
- Maintains and monitors stock levels in the SAGE Accounting System.
- Ensures that all store policies, procedures, and controls are followed.
- Packs supplies and equipment for Field Trips and receives the equipment on return of the Field Trip and ensures all equipment are returned in good working condition.
- Assists in carrying out general clerical duties such as photocopying.
- Assists in banking of checks and cash and acts as a back-up to the drivers.
- Performs any other duties assigned in order to improve the operations of the RSC Africa office.
- Four (4) years work experience required.
- One experience in stores management and stock recording.
- Experience in the Non-Governmental sector preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand, process, and document information
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or a related field required or four years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).