Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Teaches the above subject combination to students in a classroom, utilizing the course of study adopted by MSG, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional material and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing programs.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Education, Experience and Skills
The candidate should have:
- Holder of Bachelors of Education or Bachelor of Arts in French, or Diploma in French from a recognized institution
- Experience in teaching the two subject combinations
- Computer Literate
- Patient and understanding
- Good communication skills