- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Internship Role based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Closing Date: 24th January 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25+ countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
We are also proud to announce we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards. The Foundation is also endorsed and in partnership with The Life You Can Save.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org
The Finance intern will be exposed to a real industry experience from the academic learning gained in school. This internship is a six months’ program aiming to give a graduate real work experience, personal and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
The Finance Intern will provide support to the country office finance department in journal posting, processing payments and documentation, and in compliance with The Fred Hollows Foundation finance standard operating procedure and donor rules and regulations.
- Support in processing of Mpesa transactions to participants ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Review of payment voucher for:
- Completeness of supporting documents including authorization/signing
- Accuracy of the supporting documents/payments and acquittals
- Stamping of payment vouchers with “paid stamp”
- Attaching payment advice to all payment vouchers
- Creating of transactions in IPOS for review and submission by Finance Assistant
- Confirm all journal vouchers are printed, signed, and filled sequentially.
- Transfer of prior year payment vouchers from the store to filling room.
- Review and file payment vouchers sequentially in the filling cabinet
- Support in documentation retrieval during audit both internal and external
- Support closure of any gap identified during the internal audit process
- Review petty cash transactions support documents before replenishment
- Support the operations department when called upon to do so
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by your line manager
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Business Administration
- Previous internship experience in Finance department preferably in an INGO
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practice.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively
Applications should be made via this Link and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.
Applications Close: 24th January 2023
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our website here.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.
How to apply
Applications should be made via https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1463&company=thefredhol and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.