This position is primarily responsible for managing the RSC Africa Office facilities, Stores, Parking spaces, and RSC Africa Motor Pool. The aim of this role is to ensure RSC Africa facilities and fleet are maintained in a condition that ensures a safe working environment for all staff and partners while ensuring sustainable utilization of resources. This position directly supervises two Property Officers, the senior driver and seven drivers.
- Oversees RSC Africa office facilities and ensures they are well maintained.
- Acts as the key liaison between RSC Africa and the property management companies.
- Management of office leases to ensure that renewals are done prior to expiry.
- Scouting for new offices spaces and participate in lease negotiations as per established policies and procedures.
- Building and Equipment Maintenance. Ensures that the office buildings are kept in good condition by maintaining and implementing maintenance schedules for all maintenance work that includes; painting, equipment service and other corrective maintenance activities.
- Construction Project Management. Manage all fit out projects in any of the RSC Offices.
- Contract and Contractor Management. Participate in preparation of scope works and liaise with the Procurement team to obtain contractors for all building maintenance services. Maintain a database of all facilities contracts and ensure they are renewed or tendered out prior to expiry. Participate in contractor performance evaluations.
- Manages the RSC Africa motor pool and advises on motor vehicle needs such as disposal or new purchases.
- Directly supervises two property officers, one senior driver and seven drivers.
- Periodic reporting on Facilities Management and Fleet Management activities
- Ensure that payments for all services and utilities are paid on time.
- Takes lead in ensuring that the Health and Safety requirements are observed by all staff and contractors.
- Takes lead in ensuring that RSC Africa is sustainably conducting its operations by implementing and maintaining environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinates facilities and fleet management functions with CWS Africa Sub-offices offering support and ensuring compliance with the main SOPs
- Takes lead on monthly projections and annual budget preparation and revisions, and monitors expenses in accordance with authorized budgets
- Supervises, manages and evaluates staff performance under their supervision
- Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Monitors time and attendance records for the staff under their supervision.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave
- Coordinates some tasks on behalf of the Property Manager, Property Supervisor or Property Officers in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management
- Six (6) years’ overall work experience required
- Four (4) years related work experience required.
- Experience working with contractors and vendors required.
- Three years’ experience working with an International NGO preferred.
- Experience managing leases and building maintenance contracts.
- Knowledge of basic building construction, interpretation of basic building floor plans.
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
- Good presentation skills.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity surveying, Architecture or a related field required, or four (4) years additional work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- To ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).