Space for Giants is an international conservation organisation that protects Africa’s remaining natural ecosystems and the large wild animals they contain, while bringing major social and economic value to local communities and national governments. We have three thematic pillars of work to achieve our mission which are: 1) The protection and management of natural ecosystems and associated value creation for local citizens; 2) Combating the illegal wildlife trade; and 3) Promoting Human-Wildlife Coexistence. We pride ourselves on our highly collaborative approach with national governments, recognising the importance of being relevant to elected leaders and their constituents, striving to ensure that our conservation work is aligned with their priorities. Grounded in world class science, we bring high quality technical expertise and experience to inform and deliver our conservation programmes, wherever we work. To learn more visit: www.spaceforgiants.org
Space for Giants is looking to recruit an Executive Assistant (Fundraising) to support the fundraising team in its activities. As Executive Assistant (Fundraising), the successful applicant will be an important co-ordination point for the wider fundraising team and will be a provider of administrative support in aiding the Fundraising Manager in knitting the fundraising group together and thereby aiding its productivity, as well as coordinating with other departments and individuals within Space for Giants.
Specifically, the successful applicant’s tasks will include being a) responsible for supporting the fundraising team in ensuring that it has the necessary marketing and other such materials needed for them to successfully approach donors (competent graphic design skills are a key requirement for this post); b) aiding the team in setting up meetings, organising travel plans and other such logistics-related activities necessary for the successful delivery of their duties, including the taking of minutes; c) supporting the Fundraising Team on the successful delivery of fundraising events, including the managing of invitation lists.
The Executive Assistant (Fundraising) will be part of a broader Fundraising Department and will be expected to work closely with and have good relations with their colleagues, as well as with individuals across the wider Space for Giants family so as to have a good understanding of the work of the charity and its conservation objectives. A passion for conservation is beneficial.
1. Supporting the fundraising team via provision of necessary marketing and other such materials required for them to successfully approach donors projects:
- The successful applicant will need to have competent graphic design skills so as to be able to aid the Fundraising Manager in the creation of materials such as PowerPoint presentations, invitations, flyers, specific fundraising presentations and other such handouts based on text provided to them by the fundraising team. The creation of promotional materials is a key part of this position.
- Managing SFG’s external designers on the production of larger and more complex materials such as brochures, impact reports, annual reports and the like.
2. Administrative and logistical support
a. Support the Fundraising Team on a day-to-day basis, this includes but is not limited to:
- Arranging local and international travel
- Arranging local and international accommodation
- Organising meetings
- Calendar management
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
b. Main point of contact and interface between the Fundraising Department and the below, ensuring meetings are scheduled, minuted and action points followed up and executed:
- Partner organisations
c. Coordination of the weekly fundraising calls, including preparing required documentation (i.e. pulling the necessary documents from salesforce for the team to go through)
d. Facilitating co-ordination and communication within the organisation:
- Facilitate information sharing and communication from the Fundraising Department throughout the organisation
- Facilitate information sharing and communication from the Fundraising Department to external stakeholders and partners
- Support the Fundraising Manager in managing the expenses of the Fundraising Department against the standard operating procedures.
- Helping ensure the Fundraising Department is efficient, cost-effective and responsive to the needs of Space for Giants
3. Event organisation and support
In association with the Fundraising Manager and the wider fundraising team, support the delivery of Space for Giants events both in Kenya and internationally. This includes key support in areas such as:
- Invitation management (including sending out of invitations, RSVPs, attendee requirements and the like)
- Liaising with sub contractors
- Venue identification and booking
- Willingness to be in person at the event to provide assistance on the day (which may require international travel)
4. Uphold Space for Giants’ culture and values
- Abide by Space for Giants’ Governance documents.
- Abide by Space for Giants’ Equality, Diversity & Inclusion programme.
- Conduct oneself and encourage team behaviour to create awareness and reinforce Space for Giants’ Organisational Vision and Values.
- Maintain professional and respectful relationships with stakeholders that include, but is not limited to, SFG staff, donors, board members, partners and Community members.
5. Any other relevant tasks related to the role as directed by the Fundraising Manager
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of three years’ related experience
- Experience as an office/administration manager
- Competent graphic design skills
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally-diverse team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A commitment to performing with a team mentality
- Experience in the conservation sector
- Knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, analysis in Google sheets, and of CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated experience in the international development sector
- An understanding of fundraising practices and principles
- Uphold the cultural values and code of conduct of Space for Giants: Passion, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, and Innovation.
- This is a full-time position. You may be required to work long hours beyond the traditional 8:00am to 5:00pm as and when submission deadlines require. Additional work hours may be required on occasion so as to fulfil responsibilities.
- You must be ready to travel domestically and internationally.
- You must be willing to work in variable conditions, including when in the field
- The position will start immediately when the successful applicant has been selected and is available to take up the position.
Terms of Employment- Employment is a one (1) year renewable contract with probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate SFG salary scale depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to apply
Please note that only online applications will be considered. If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience, please apply via provided link. https://spaceforgiants.bamboohr.com/careers/31?source=aWQ9MTI%3D
Application Deadline: February, 08 2023 at 5.00pm EAT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.