About the job
Job Title: Digital Transformation Manager
Department: Strategy & Operations, Global Operations & Technology
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the global leader in using the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights. Headquartered in New York City, the non-profit, non-partisan organization has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Nairobi, and Washington, DC, and a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals. The Center’s compelling human rights mission and reputation for excellence and cutting-edge legal work has powered its exceptional growth trajectory to an operating budget of over $40 million and won the respect of the world’s leading law firms, as reflected in the additional $29 million annually in donated legal services, representing the work last year of 820 lawyers in 46 countries.
The overarching goal of the Center’s new Strategic Plan sets a high mark for impact: By 2030, half of the world’s population will be living under stronger protections for reproductive rights than they do today. The Center has a track record of success to back up this ambitious goal. Since its founding in 1992, the Center’s game-changing litigation and advocacy, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide on issues including maternal health, contraception, abortion, and assisted reproduction. It has won groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women’s rights advocates in more than 60 countries and counting.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org. To learn more about our DEI Organizational Commitments, go here.
The Role: The Project Manager of Technology Business Services plans, organizes, manages, and tracks projects and operations for software systems including, but not limited to Finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, grant management and business intelligence. The Project Manager supports the management of systems and data interfaces for internal and external systems. The Project Manager manages project staff including internal resources and external professional services.
The Project Manager also translates business needs into technology solutions, builds trusted partnerships with Center users to maximize the value of systems and corresponding information assets. This individual will collaborate directly with key stakeholders and decision makers across all departments to develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Project Manager supports the Global Operations and Technology Unit and the Technology Business Services team to drive change across operations as needed to ensure data and systems integrity.
The position will be based in Nairobi in a hybrid work model.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and execution of multiple projects through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Coordinates with internal project stakeholders and external vendors to define timeline, budget, schedules, scope while controlling scope and budget creep.
- Defines project goals and objectives, and then oversees development, tracking, and monitoring of project plans, reporting out to project leadership.
- Spearheads business analysis functions throughout the project lifecycle including defining business requirements, business process development and/or re-design, and testing functions
- Delivers defined, approved projects on-time, on budget and within scope.
- Steers projects and initiatives around potential resources and other conflicts.
- Defines and implements the communication approach for projects risks and issues.
- Manages the project team, including internal and external resources.
- Drives technology and services evaluation process to determine value-add to the organization.
- Directs and creates capability building and systems training for end-users.
- Collaborates with the Technology Support Services for end-user support plans.
- Provides training on systems.
- Acts as the point of contact for third party vendor professional services.
- Collaborates with the business stakeholders to identify projects to meet business goals and priorities, and continually improve the organization
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works closely with stakeholders to ensure systems and data integrity.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, practices, and procedures for effective technology business services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- 6 or more years of experience in technology or business and industry.
- 4 or more years leading and managing complex, enterprise-wide technology implementation projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Business Management or a related field required.
- Solid understanding of current and emerging infrastructure & operations technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technology solutions that are aligned to business needs.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to direct simultaneously multiple priorities.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and principles of application and data architecture.
- Experience in a global, multicultural environment with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively manage people.
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and managing external vendors.
- Able to work collaboratively across the entire organization with a focus on global inclusivity.
- Experience in a non-profit setting.
- Strategic thinking: Applies big-picture thinking while also focusing on the details of implementation.
- Decisiveness: Consistently makes sound decisions in a timely manner supportive of the Center’s mission, core values, and strategic objectives. Blends vision and judgment.
- Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from peers, supervisors and direct reports (if applicable) about work products, behaviors, values, style and approaches with a view on how this impacts self, other individuals and teams.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
- Commitment to learn: Applies a growth mentality to their own and their team’s (if applicable) development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Passion for Coaching, and Mentoring Staff: Empowers and motivates employees and creates opportunities for learning, development, and leadership, with a focus on harnessing skills for the future development of team members. (if applicable)
- Accountability: Follows through on each commitment made to individual contributors, teams and partners and proactively informs others of any delays that occur along the way. Holds team members accountable.
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Empathy: Serves as an empathetic, approachable leader who engenders trust and confidence. (if applicable)
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and calculated risk.
Compensation: The salary for this position is competitive, commensurate with experience.
How to apply
How to Apply: Please complete the application below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Center policy on visa sponsorship for US based positions: Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by The Center for Reproductive Rights.
To learn more about our DEI Organizational Commitments, go here. The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that all genuine Center openings must be applied through the Center website. The Center does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process (application, interviews, or selection). Nor does it request any medical examinations or bank account inform as part of this process. If someone contacts you on behalf of the Center requesting payment for your application please notify firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action.