We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options is seeking a Deputy Program Director to provide leadership for the anticipated UK aid-funded programme focused on strengthening global health security in Africa. This is an expected project role contingent upon contract award. Interventions funded under this programme will contribute to the delivery of an effective regional response to cross-border health threats, as well as improve countries’ capacity to prevent, detect and respond to disease outbreaks. Programme interventions will have a sustained positive outcome for systems and populations at the Regional, National and Community levels.
- Programme delivery, and oversight – support the development of programme strategy and promote a coordinated and cohesive approach to its implementation.
- Support the Program Director in key stakeholder relationships, ensuring optimal partnerships with other implementing partners and government and non-government institutions.
- Provide guidance to teams to facilitate planning and budgeting exercises and oversee systems for the implementation of work plans and monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide support to quality assurance for internal and external technical and financing reporting and support effective communications and dissemination strategies.
- Extensive experience (10yrs +) in successfully delivering health security programming across Africa.
- Knowledge and experience in international health regulations, disease preparedness, anti-microbial resistance, one health and whole of government approaches.
- Experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to large donor funded health programmes and/or organizations. Specifically, expertise and experience of working in Africa, with strong partnerships with key health security organisations and agencies including WHO Afro, African Union, Africa CDC and relevant government ministries and implementing partners.
- Experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience working in a large team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high-quality work.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience in fostering partnerships between government and other stakeholders, including at global, regional, national and sub-national level, to improve health security.
- Experience engaging closely with and/or managing partner organizations, including large consortium management.
- Experience in contracts (including payment by results) and contracting; supports compliance requirements and excellent financial management skills.
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, or related discipline.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
Options offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package specific to each country, for further information please contact HR at email@example.com.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and postholders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in any of the following countries Nigeria, Kenya or UK.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form HERE
- Closing date for applications is: 15th February 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).