Finn Church Aid is a right-based organisation with 70 years of experience and operations in 12 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO working in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. We work in development, humanitarian assistance and advocacy, guided by international human rights standards and principles. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Kenya, FCA has been working since 2014 in all three thematic areas, supporting local communities and governments to resolve and prevent conflicts in five counties of northern Kenya; providing access to primary education in Turkana, Garissa and Marsabit, Kenya’s poorest counties; and improving access to quality education for children, youth and their families with holistic support mechanisms. FCA also provides emergency cash assistance to drought-affected families in Garissa.
Reporting to: Senior Education Officer
Duty Station: Kakuma/Kalobeyei
Position Status: Locally Hired Position
Primary purpose of the position:
The Data Officer will be responsible for data management, perform tracking of all project implementation delivery data and undertake data verification exercises on a routine basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of the data submitted.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support development an ensure availability of project data collection tools including data collection, analysis and processing for purpose of report production and decision-making.
- Provide an oversight on quality data collection, collation, data entry and analysis of results using statistical techniques and provide performance reports as required.
- Provide supportive supervision for data collection and entry.
- Conduct site visits as required for trouble shooting data issues.
- Develop, Review and Maintain copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and support documentation for data management.
- Maintain databases back up and filing systems for the project data.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization, and data analysis.
- Ensure data management procedures have set timelines and meet established deadlines.
- Participate in project implementation and progress reviews as required with the programs team and partners.
- Ensuring that all cross‐cutting issues (i.e., Gender, environment, conflict mitigation, and accountability) and FCA approaches (i.e., rights‐based approach, Do No Harm, integrated approach, and community participation) are mainstreamed into all project activities.
- Provide periodic analytical overviews of program progress, highlighting achievements via indicators, strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, challenges/constraints, lessons learnt and way forward.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Education Measurement Systems or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (STATA, Advanced Excel, SPSS, SAS, R etc.).
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in education measurement management and managing databases.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to deliver with short notice.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Taking responsibility for personal learning and competence development.
- Exhibiting the generic employee skills especially valued by the organization: Dependability and productivity, Communication, Problem solving, Teamwork, Safety and Security, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO –preferably in refugee/ASAL settings will be an added advantage.
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th March 2023
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualification.