This role is tasked with the implementation of compliance frameworks, and ensuring compliance of the various entities to applicable laws, regulations and operational controls. The Officer is responsible for supporting a strong Group-wide Compliance culture through the day-to-day management of operational and regulatory compliance framework. The officer will also perform independent reviews on compliance with the group’s policies and procedures, assess adequacy of risk management controls, observance of regulatory requirements and highlight exceptions or violations.
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program for the whole group
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Sign off on any marketing and advertising collateral to ensure it is compliant to applicable laws and regulations
- Coordinating the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework across the various businesses and support units
- Tracking and analysing incidences of frauds (successful and attempted), identify causes and working with respective units on their implemention of comprehensive measures to close loopholes.
- Ensure that all applicable legislation are complied with by each company within the group through day to day monitoring and regular review of compliance to legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
- Identify areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the Group Head of Risk & Compliance and other senior business leaders as appropriate.
- Perform the role of AML/CTF Compliance Officer, including training and awareness, oversight of customer due diligence and suspicious transaction monitoring and reporting
- Coordinating with key internal stakeholders and external authorities to resolve compliance-related issues and client complaints
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, business, public administration, or a related field
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of insurance operations.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements, legal and prudential guidelines.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- IT proficiency.
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Possession of a professional designation such as Certified Compliance Officer, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Public Secretary, Certified Information Systems Auditor, AML or Certified Fraud Examiner
- Chartered Institute for Securities Investment (CISI) certification an added advantage
- At least two years in a compliance, risk management or legal practice within a large organization preferably in a financial services industry or a consulting firm
- Well-grounded in CMA, IRA and RBA compliance issues.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with the above qualifications, skills, and experience. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit your application to email@example.com with Compliance Officer as the subject of the email on or before 17th March2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.