Founded in 2011, CorpsAfrica provides the opportunity for Africans to serve like “Peace Corps Volunteers” in their own countries. CorpsAfrica Volunteers participate in a Pre-Service Training, where they are trained on Human-Centered Design as an approach to development and learn about the variety of work NGOs are doing in their country. Volunteers then move to high-poverty communities, where they facilitate meetings to help local people determine priority needs and implement projects that address those needs. The Volunteers are then expected to perform a comprehensive impact evaluation analysis to serve as a model for future CorpsAfrica Volunteers and their projects. CorpsAfrica aims to create a culture of public service within developing nations by giving participants the opportunity to apply their skills and energy toward helping their fellow citizens overcome extreme poverty. For more information, please visit www.corpsafrica.org.
Overview of the Position:
The Communications Officer is a full-time staff position with the primary responsibility of demonstrating and communicating CorpsAfrica’s efforts related to project impact, fundraising, marketing, and other areas as needed. This person will have significant opportunity to help build the organization’s image brand and there is ample room for professional advancement.
- Work closely with the CorpsAfrica/Kenya staff and Volunteers on programmatic aspects of operations and communicating project impact.
- Promote the organization with media, donors, and government authorities with clear messaging and communication materials.
- Help establish and maintain consistent organization image through events and fundraising activities.
- Strategically build the organization’s social media presence.
- Create and implement events to raise awareness of CorpsAfrica/Kenya.
- Utilize programmatic tools to build support, which include Volunteer logs/reports and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Any other responsibilities assigned to them by their supervisor.
- Plan and design contents for CorpsAfrica/Kenya official social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Generate and analyze reports (monthly/quarterly/half yearly) on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics, and other social media focused analytics channels.
- Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels. Timely responses to messages and comments, monthly reports on levels of engagement.
- Develop multi-media communications materials, including blog posts and social media content.
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos and maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Develop and maintain contact information and materials with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web, photo etc.)
- Develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience
- A bachelor’s degree in communications is an added advantage.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- A passion and commitment to youth leadership, participatory community development, impact evaluation, transparency, and accountability
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Time management skills
- A demonstrable understanding of Kenyan laws and the government administrations
- Fluency in English is required.
- A strong commitment to youth leadership, participatory community development, impact evaluation, transparency, and accountability
How to apply
Only applicants that possess the qualifications mentioned above will be considered. To Apply: Send CV and Cover letter to (email@example.com) by 7th April 2023. Subject Title must be: CorpsAfrica C.O.