Starting date: April 2023
Deadline for applications: 17/03/2023
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Duty station: Nairobi with field visits in the implementing Counties (Bungoma, Embu, Kiambu, Machacos, Meru, Murang’a, Nyeri)
Report to: Project Manager
CEFA – the European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO, which was established in 1972 and is currently active in 10 countries across Africa and Latin America. CEFA lays its foundation on the principles of solidarity and cooperation between the different regions of the world in the name of Justice, Human rights and peace. CEFA believes in the development of communities and local institutions, aiming to improve families’ living conditions and communities’ economies through capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy for the protection of vulnerable person’s and their fundamental human rights.
CEFA is leading agency of a consortium of Organizations implementing the ARABIKA project, together with AVSI and E4Impact Foundation. ARABIKA stands for Action to Re-Launch Agriculture and Branding Internationalization of Kenyan Coffee in and out of Africa and the project focuses on the coffee supply chain by acting on the quality improvement component, capacity building of farmers and farmer cooperatives and branding / marketing of their coffee produce.
We are looking to contract a Local Communication Officer, for managing the Communication and visibility activities of the Project.
- Being the focal person for the collection, review and organization of all communication material by the Project staff: field Officers, consultants and Project Managers.
- Edit and review texts, photographic and video material received, according to the requirements of the Project and the Donor.
- Directly collect visibility and information material on the Project activities, through field visits, interviews with the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the Project, participation to events
- Review web content, links, and design of Arabika website and Arabika social media, providing necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner in collaboration with web developer.
- Elaborate and propose communication campaign and actions
- Collaborate to the implementation of the activities of the Project, providing support in communication issues;
- Support the PMs and MEAL staff in the reporting activities, providing visibility material as requested
- Provide graphic design support in the elaboration and finalization of all visibility and training material, including manuals, brochures, posters, gadgets etc
- Actively participate to events, field visits and other activities, to collect narrative and visual material
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Professional experience required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in graphic arts, English language, IT, Computer science, Communication
- Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili, written and spoken
- Excellent knowledge of IT technologies: Office package, graphic design software, web development
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner and tailormade to the needs of the project.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of the latest trends and best practices in web development, as well as an understanding of the user experience (UX) design process.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, tools, and methodologies as the web design industry evolves.
- Availability to participate to field activity when required.
How to apply
This position is open to national applicants. Interested and qualified persons, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: COMMUNICATION ARABIKA
Application to include ALL of the following:
- CV, including 3 reference contacts (at least 2 of previous line managers, to be provided using official work emails);
- Cover letter (1-page maximum).
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.