The ambition of VVOB is to ensure learners around the world enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception. In striving for that ambition, we place our values ‘commitment’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘quality’ and ‘innovation’ central. As Communication Advisor you contribute to this ambition and these values by developing, coordinating, and supporting the internal and external communication of the projects and by increasing awareness, understanding and support by stakeholders and different target groups.
The Communication advisor reports to the Country Programmes Manager. You are part of the Communication and Partnerships department and work closely with your direct colleagues. Furthermore, you work closely together with the different departments in your country and with the communication department at head office.
- Develop and implement VVOB Kenya Communications Strategy, aligned to the Global Communication Strategy.
- Lead in the development of regular social media communication outputs (including articles, blogs, press releases, social media posts, etc). In collaboration with colleagues, you proactively and continuously update VVOB Kenya’s presence on social media, assess media environment and trends, and advise on opportunities that are available for increased exposure/ publicity.
- Support in the development of professional communication and communication materials including visual tools such as info-graphs, pictures, videos, pedagogical graphics for the program, fact sheets, briefing documents, positioning statements, communication plans, corporate messaging, executive speeches/presentations as and when needed.
- Provide coordination, technical support and advice to the VVOB colleagues and partners on matters communication, including capacity development of colleagues and partners.
- Keep abreast with the latest communication trends. policy development and relevant discussions in the international education and development community and respond accordingly.
- Coordinate and facilitate organizational events such as meetings and workshops, take notes of the same and prepare reports and follow up action points.
- Manage and follow up on the communications and conferences planning calendar.
Who are you?
Your expertise and experience
- Master’s degree in communication, journalism, or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in developing internal and external communication and with the use of different media channels to do so magazines, social media, …).
- Expert understanding of digital, social and other media and how to maximise impact and visibility for the organisation in the Kenyan context.
- Strong interest in international cooperation, institutions and donors.
- Excellent computer skills in MS office and other relevant tools & technologies (digital media, graphic design tools such as Photoshop and other graphic design software).
- Excellent command of the English language.
Nationality: Kenyan national
What we’re offering:
- A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding
- This position is subject to funding approval
- A dynamic working environment in an international context
- An exciting job in a growing organization with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Read more about the job description on our website: Communication Advisor – Kenya | VVOB. Send your motivation letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 13.