Our new professional program will support approximately 12 disability rights professionals (Fellows) from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Ethiopia to participate in a 5-week Fellowship program in the US.
What does the program involve? As a Fellow, you will:
- identify a key policy or practice issue related to disability and civic engagement in your home country as the focus for your Fellowship
- engage in a Fellowship placement with a US host site organization tailored to your individual professional goals
- design a project action plan during your US-based Fellowship to implement upon returning home
- participate in weekly leadership seminars, mentorship, community service, a homestay with an American family, and much more
Am I eligible? To be eligible, you must:
- be a Kenyan, Ugandan, Tanzanian, or Ethiopian citizen between the ages of 25 – 40
- be working to improve civic engagement for people with disabilities
- have two or more years of professional experience in the disability field or working on issues of disability inclusion The Professional Fellows Program on Inclusive Civic Engagement is a joint project of the Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI) at the University of Massachusetts Boston and Humanity & Inclusion (HI) with funding support from the US Department of State.
How to apply
We are accepting applications for the Professional Fellowship Program on Inclusive Civic Engagement. Deadline for applications is 15th May 2023.
Learn more and apply: www.PFPInclusion.org