Avanti is a world-leading provider of agile, secure and pioneering satellite technology across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. With over $1.2 billion invested in our Ka-band HYLAS satellite fleet and ultra-secure ground infrastructure, were enabling businesses, governments and people in over 118 countries to be more secure, empowered and prosperous. O…
Read more about this company
Business Development Executive
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Education team to rollout and deliver Avanti’s Education Strategy
- Working closely with the Education Team, manage engagement with stakeholders across Donor organisations, Government & Ministries of Education, Co-ordinating and Grant agencies in country, with a specific focus on UNICEF and World Bank, and other NGOs critical to the delivery of the project.
- Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings with relevant education sector organisations and ensure feedback of stakeholder responses and requests to internal Avanti teams and external partners are responded to within agreed timescales.
- Prepare and manage workshops, roundtable and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, minute taking and production of reports.
- Attend client-facing meetings across East Africa, collaborative planning workshops and report to project team on progress.
- Identify needs and high-level requirements and work with internal resources to structure and deliver compelling, creative solutions for connectivity and Education projects.
- Demonstrate exemplary networking and relationship management skills to drive revenue generating opportunities in line with Avanti’s brand and culture.
- Lead the business development process within the Education function and deliver funding for key projects.
- Identify and develop different funding avenues.
- Develop Connectivity for Education pipeline and close funding for projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience working for, or selling to, an NGO or national government entity.
- Exemplary track record of business development in education sector.
- Proven experience in identifying, building, and maintaining key relationships at all levels.
- Driven and multi-tasking with a start-up state of mind, you consider yourself as a hands-on individual who will always go the extra mile to develop new business.
- Ability to generate ideas and solutions, influence key decision makers to follow through to execution and contribute to discussions at all levels.
- Language skills: French or Portuguese
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.