PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
CREATIVITY: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- An advanced degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in counseling or clinical psychology or psychiatry is required. Training in trauma counseling is required. Certification in either Cognitive Behavior Therapy, or Crisis Intervention or Psychological First Aid is desirable. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of two years experience in either clinical or counseling psychology is required.
- Experience in trauma counseling, crisis intervention, grief and bereavement support is required.
- Experience of working in a challenging multicultural setting is required.
- Experience working and liaising with fellow Counselors, Medical and Human Resources professionals is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working knowledge of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili or Swahili is required. Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.