- Develop a workplan for the next 6 months that will result in the successful initiation of the project, considering programmatic, human resources, coordination, financial and administrative aspects. The workplan should include the relevant information such as timeline of each activity, and the key stakeholders for each collaboration.
- Under the coordination of the Lead, Preparedness and Response and technical support from the AA Coordinator, liaise with regional Human Resources, Partnership and Resource Development (PRD), finance, administration and Italian Red Cross the recruitment of key project staff (3-4 staff) and ensure their successful onboarding.
- Identify all key project stakeholders and coordinate discussion to define each one’s roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate information dissemination and dialogue on the new project with all the involved regional stakeholders, the Geneva Office, Italian Red Cross and the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre.
- Work with finance, PRD units and the grants manager to set up the initial financial management structure of the project, ensure fundings are correctly allocated and financial monitoring systems are set up.
- Prepare a quick overview of the anticipatory action initiatives in each country to identify entry points for the new project and work with concerned IFRC Delegations individually to engage them in the project.
- Once project staff is recruited work alongside them to initiate project activities, including country specific workplans.
- Set up coordination forums at the technical level to discuss programmatic and financial aspects of the project.
- Coordinate the steering committee meetings to update the Italian Government, the Italian Red Cross and IFRC Senior Management on the implementation plan for the first 6 months.
- Act a focal point for all project stakeholders, third parties and contracted personnel staff in order to have an increased understanding of the project requirements, structure and deliverables.
How to apply
Interested consultants should submit their application by 10.03.2022 through this link; https://www.ifrc.org/jobs/details.html?jobId=116106&jobTitle=Consultant%2C%20Anticipatory%20Action%20Project
The application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief letter of motivation summarising relevant experience and qualifications for the consultancy
- Statement of availability for continuous work from March to July 2023
- Daily rate and financial offer indicating the (net) sum for 88 days