Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire.
PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI’s Nairobi Global Services Hub is looking for an Administrative Support Assistant who is motivated and detail-oriented.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The successful candidate will:
• Ensure general cleanliness and tidiness of the entire office, washrooms and kitchen areas. Floors, Vacuum carpeted areas, dust workspaces, chairs, shelves, glass doors, windows and surface of office equipment ensuring a clean and hygienic workspace.
• Ensure safe working environment which includes drying of wet areas, reporting on electricity faults, open live cables in the office, worn outdoor handles, furniture and equipment that may be broken, faulty lights and switches.
• Be responsible for preparing tea/coffee for staff and guests as and when required. Clearing and collecting used cups and ensuring a clean kitchen at all times
• Maintain hygienic standard of both the kitchen and sanitary facilities; ensuring that the office is constantly running with enough toiletries, clean washrooms including purchasing of kitchen supplies, monitoring and preparing purchase requests when levels are low
• Maintain a clean refrigerator, microwave and ensuring timely emptying of garbage from offices on a daily basis
• Assist with sorting and distributing mail (DHL, post / internal documents) to staff at respective workstations.
• Provide support to other staff as and when needed which may include photocopying, scanning, printing and preparation of materials needed for trainings, meetings and conferences.
• Assist in organizing lunches, snacks and refreshments for office meetings, brown bags including setting up meeting rooms and meeting materials.
• Sit in for the receptionist during breaks e.g. lunch hour as and when required.
• Run office errands, including those of NGO Board, Immigration and visa processing for staff travel.
• Assist in annual stationary stock take as guided and any other general administrative duties as will be assigned from time to time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a well-organized and detail oriented individual who has:
• Experience as an office assistant or in a related field.
• Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
• Warm personality with strong communication skills.
• Ability to work well under limited supervision.
• Great communication skills.
• Good organizational skills
How to apply
All applicants must be based in Kenya with permission to work.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae by 14th March 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Administrative Support Assistant
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.